Friday, April 18, 2014

Bunzo Balloons

Bunzo is one of the official Zentangle® patterns.  I love it, it's one of those soothing tangles, one could fill a whole page with these.

I used a square piece of artist grade paper and did a watercolour wash using my Koi watercolours (Orange, yellow and purple), I also flicked some purple onto the paper to create some tiny splatters.

Once dry, I used a purple Sakura Micron pen and started drawing Bunzo.  And when I got to a certain point I just had the phrase "Bunzo Balloons" pop into my head and so I let it be. (I wanted to draw a tiny hand holding the strings but I just couldn't get it to look like a hand so gave up on that idea for now). Enjoy.

Brenda Urbanik - CZT#13 - www.infinite-possibilities.blogspot.com

Have a happy Bunzo kind of day!

3 comments:

Alice said...

ha! what a great idea! your bunzo balloons are really cool - they remind me of Alice in Wonderland and look like something you might see at Disney World :) love it!

Moz said...

Perfect description! So balloon like, it makes me smile. I love that you've used "unconventional" colors for this tangle. Awesome! You will smile when I tell you I've taken out my tangle equipment twice today and each time visitors arrived! Nice to see them all, but so want to tangggllle!!

Martha said...

OH Brenda, what a FUN card! Love the darling tangled balloons & the bright colors. They put a smile on my face. ♥